This is a maintenance release for the Rails 3.0 branch of BrowserCMS. It should simplify starting new projects and deploying them into production. In bcms-3.3.1, there were a number of configuration changes that were required before sites could be deployed. The 'correct' settings should now be generated when new BrowserCMS projects are created.
If developers still have issues deploying projects into production with this release, please report them on the mailing list. Note that deploying to Heroku is still going to require additional steps.
See https://github.com/browsermedia/browsercms/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=closed&page=1&milestone=5 for complete details, but here are highlights.
* [#425] db:install should now correctly setup the database in production mode (without needing to edit seeds.rb)
* [#412] Page caching directory should work on more hosting setups.
* [#409] [#427] Added the correct defaults to production.rb so manually editing it before deploying shouldn't be necessary
* [#406] Fixed a bug where having a Link as the first item in a section would throw errors.
* [#428] Updated the Deployment Guide (https://github.com/browsermedia/browsercms/wiki/Deployment-Guide) to reflect the necessary steps.